Large calcium chloride offset

  • Thread starter Thread starter spsick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2018
Messages
2,277
Reaction score
2,773
Location
Mpls, MN
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Randy, if doing a big dose of calcium chloride to raise levels would I want to slug the equivalent amount of Part C to keep ions balanced?

I occasionally have to add like 400ml to bring up my 130g tank 20ppm etc.
 
Randy, if doing a big dose of calcium chloride to raise levels would I want to slug the equivalent amount of Part C to keep ions balanced?

I occasionally have to add like 400ml to bring up my 130g tank 20ppm etc.

Are you also adding alk?
 
I’m not understanding how the tank can regularly need a calcium boost and no alk. But if it is a in frequent event, I would not bother adding Part C. If you need to do it frequently (say, once every 2 months or more) or are not doing water changes, then I would. But it’s not a perfect solution.
 
I’m not understanding how the tank can regularly need a calcium boost and no alk. But if it is a in frequent event, I would not bother adding Part C. If you need to do it frequently (say, once every 2 months or more) or are not doing water changes, then I would. But it’s not a perfect solution.

I’m chalking it up to dosers not being matched in calibration.

I’ll drift down to 380ppm while alk stays steady at 7-8. I use 2 part by the 2.5g and constantly adding a gal to 1 jug or the other so not able to accurately track the inequity.
 
That is a likely possibility. I’d dose the Part C based on the volume that you think actually dosed or alk or calcium, or average them. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new