Large daily PO4 swings

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ziggy17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
If it were me.. at this point I think I would need to confirm my readings. I would first do at least 3 tests from a single large sample to see if the Hanna gives results all within the correct margin of error. Could it still be a reagent problem? Possibly

I would also be looking at a different test kit to confirm the Hanna results. Or maybe a LFS if they have good equipment to test with.

Hope you figure it out. I don’t really think the tank water is swinging that much in a day all on its own.

Certainly maddening!
I tested it twice back to back and it was within .01 of each other, so unlikely a third was going to read different.

Something is happening for sure and it sure is frustrating.
 
Tested just now and .17 and .14 back to back. Identical procedure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new