Large GMK Colony show off

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Anyone got a nice big colony of GMK? I'm not talking about those of you calling your 5 medium head and 2-3 baby a colony. I mean 15+ adult poly on rocks.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone got a nice big colony of GMK? I'm not talking about those of you calling your 5 medium head and 2-3 baby a colony. I mean 15+ adult poly on rocks.
I wouldn’t even call 25 polyps a true ‘colony’. I’m willing to guess there aren’t many people with frags that are 15+ polyps. The thing with trendy corals like this is that no one really grows them out, they frag them within an in of their life to resell to recoup the absurd prices they pay for them before the wave breaks and people are on to the next trendy coral. These are corals for people whose display tanks look like frag tanks, not for people whose goal is to grow out corals into a mature reef. I hope someone somewhere, a private hobbyist, is growing these out into a mature colony (like a hundreds of polyps ‘colony’), but I’m not holding my breath.

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not a full colony, but we have a few!

pfp3gkkdsg971.jpeg

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Beautiful! Do you wait until it hits a certain amount of polyps before you frag one? How do you decide when it’s time?
Honestly, when we run out of frags we cut a few off. We try to cut as few as possible!

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am growing mine out with no real plans to frag it. I started with a single polyp and am now up to 7! I have them on their own rock, right in the front of the tank so I can admire them. :D

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures or it didn’t happen
Haha! How about a thread? ;)

Back