Large Hammer Coral Colony Not Extending HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter tjclapp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tjclapp

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
67
Reaction score
47
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have been dealing with this issue for 2-3 months now. I have a waterbox 170, set up with no skimmer and just refugium.

Parameters:
Nitrates:2.5
Phosphates: 0.2
Calcium:460
Alk:9

I have flatworms that are eating at coral, but I dip every week and they are hardly on the corals. I didn’t find out I had them till about a month ago and when I dipped all of my euphylia there were tons of flatworms. Only ONE hammer colony is not absolutely thriving. It is just opening but hardly extending. Tried low flow, medium flow, high flow, doesn’t matter. It is near other euphylia that is just near perfect. Cannot figure it out!

27F84A7D-0797-4EDA-8F8C-FFABA649C5C7.jpeg 1BCC1160-43F6-44B7-90CA-65718037618F.jpeg
 
Patience. Some corals are more sensitive than others. Give it time. It doesn't look bad.
 
My hammer coral likes lower flow. It doesn't extend as much in higher flows. Are you still dipping them every week? If so, could be the stress from it and constantly being moved.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new