Large snail survived the move

Jackalope12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2025
Messages
98
Reaction score
97
Location
Quad Cities
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i picked up a 3 to 4 year old tank when it was pretty cold. 6 weeks later I find this guy/gal crusin the sand

So I think great a conch i need that for my other tank full of string algae. So transport him and he does laps around the tank for 2 days and disappears

I by to conch they clean the sand and lower rocks quickly

Then 2 days ago a large worm is sticking out of a white pile of sand. 1 hour later this snail crawls out and moves around.

He is the size of a florida conch (close to 2 inches) one big tentacle/ eye and 2 small tentacles

Blue spiral shell

What is he/ she and is it safe with corals

P.s. how do I post gallery photos without screenshoting my photos?

Thank you

Screenshot_20250228_173947_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20250228_173941_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20250228_173921_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20250228_173929_Gallery.jpg
 
Here is a video if needed
 

Attachments

  • 20250228_174317.mp4
    9.4 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new