Large Stylophora (blue) dying.. help please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter benkrebs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

benkrebs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey community,
since 2 years I have a large Stylophora growing and looking nicely.
It survived all hazards and did not seem sensitive.
But now it seems to die rapidly...

I do
- dose Vibrant
- dose Sangokai NRG (changed recently)
- increase Li and Flour due to an ati lab water test

My water values are
- KH 8.0
- Ca 410
- Ph 8.2

Do you have any advice what to measure / check / dose?
Do you know any disease / pest / animal that could cause this?
Any advice how to stop it? Shall I cut the dead parts, etc.?

1617366670946.png


Thanks a lot and happy reefing :-)

Best,
Ben
 
I’d be doing some fragging. My big birds nest colony did this not to long ago. I fragged a bunch off and ran carbon and it stopped it. Do you run carbon? Ozone could help too
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new