Larger Zoa Morphs

A Toadstool Leather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like palythoa due to their large polyp size making them easy to notice. Are there any zoa morphs that have larger polyps like some palythoa?

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas are the smaller version. I don' think there are any that get as large as palys do. I've seen utter chaos get a decent size. Usually if they are getting a little less light than they like they will stretch an might open a bit larger but not the size of grandis palys.

OP
OP
A Toadstool Leather

A Toadstool Leather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas are the smaller version. I don' think there are any that get as large as palys do. I've seen utter chaos get a decent size. Usually if they are getting a little less light than they like they will stretch an might open a bit larger but not the size of grandis palys.
Are there not some zoas that have smaller or larger heads than others? I have heard of so called micro zoas being a thing.

brawthy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when people think of "larger zoas" they are usually referring to the cousins of zoanthus, the palythoas. Sometimes people mess up their labels (especially vendors).

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sunny D, utter chaos, and armor of gods are all pretty large. Some polyps are larger than a nickle, most are dime sized. Apparently tank conditions can affect the polyp sizes.

These are not grandis big but a good size.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back