OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
drilled grommet hole in back of enclosure against the temporary wood back. The back will stay but another will be flush mounted in front to hold only the equipment and grommets will be used to run wires to the back side. Maybe next weekend..

Attachments

• Attabox23.jpg
    Attabox23.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 611
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more shots of the temporary mount to get an idea where to place on the final board that will be flush mounted to hold all apex eqipment. I will add blue LED lighting inside for the final touch when the last mounting is complete

Attabox24.jpg
Attabox25.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my 8 year old son very interested in helping we set out on install of attabox number 2. We have now moved over most of the modules that will placed into the box. Here is shot once installed. As my son kept saying you cant see anything in them anymore so we installed 12v blue led's in the attabox. We already had the wire and power adapters so total cost was $5 each box. It was so easy my 8 year old did all the wiring with his new tools he got from Santa!
Attabox27.jpg
Attabox26.jpg

And the final result he is sooo proud of... Turned out pretty nice.
Attabox28.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very clean and nice. I work in IT and appreciate clean wiring setups.

Thanks!! I have been wanting to do this for some time but kind of one of the last things to be done! Sure does clean up the entire fish room look. Cant wait to get the other boxes installed now...

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phase 3 of 3 in the build is now underway. With the frag tank installed a sump was built and plumbed to be able to run with the main display (as we have been doing for a couple months) or seperating and using with qt,refugium and qt sump. Sump was delivered today and much to my surprise was installed before I even returned. This is what I came home to today. Good start to phase 3 for sure...:tongue:

qtsump1.jpg
qtsump4.jpg

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from another angle..

Attachments

• qtsump2.jpg
    qtsump2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 493
  • qtsump3.jpg
    qtsump3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 505
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and a last shot of my temporary enclosure for one of the apex modules.. lol gotta love the led add on

Attachments

• Attaboxghetto.jpg
    Attaboxghetto.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 492
OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
qt tank, display refugium, and stand will be delivered and hooked up on Wednesday so we should be set up and running full throttle by next weekend.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then on to filling them all with aquatic livestock....arguably the best part!

Absolutely but being an engineer I actually enjoy the design and build process as much as the hobby. You might be an engineer if.....

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS with iphone pan tonight.. not easy to get good shots of an 11' tank.lol

Attachments

• April122015.jpg
    April122015.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 495

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks looking great, how many mp60s do u have on your back wall? Just curious how u like the flow, I'm running similar setup.... Awesome build bro

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks looking great, how many mp60s do u have on your back wall? Just curious how u like the flow, I'm running similar setup.... Awesome build bro

I am running 3 MPW60's on the back wall on one on each end of the tank. The 60's are made much better than the 40's and run silent without the new silent drivers. Awesome flow...No dead spots.

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 on my 245 now, there a bit noisy I'm gonna try the new ones out I think see if they are that much better.... Good know that's working for you, epic build!

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 on my 245 now, there a bit noisy I'm gonna try the new ones out I think see if they are that much better.... Good know that's working for you, epic build!

My extreme case of OCD will surely lead me to the new silent models soon even if they dont run quieter. At least there is another random mode to utilize! LOL

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back