Lasers 1000+ Inwall Starfire

drilled grommet hole in back of enclosure against the temporary wood back. The back will stay but another will be flush mounted in front to hold only the equipment and grommets will be used to run wires to the back side. Maybe next weekend..
 

Attachments

  • Attabox23.jpg
    Attabox23.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 646
more shots of the temporary mount to get an idea where to place on the final board that will be flush mounted to hold all apex eqipment. I will add blue LED lighting inside for the final touch when the last mounting is complete

Attabox24.jpg
Attabox25.jpg
 
With my 8 year old son very interested in helping we set out on install of attabox number 2. We have now moved over most of the modules that will placed into the box. Here is shot once installed. As my son kept saying you cant see anything in them anymore so we installed 12v blue led's in the attabox. We already had the wire and power adapters so total cost was $5 each box. It was so easy my 8 year old did all the wiring with his new tools he got from Santa!
Attabox27.jpg
Attabox26.jpg


And the final result he is sooo proud of... Turned out pretty nice.
Attabox28.jpg


 
Very clean and nice. I work in IT and appreciate clean wiring setups.

Thanks!! I have been wanting to do this for some time but kind of one of the last things to be done! Sure does clean up the entire fish room look. Cant wait to get the other boxes installed now...
 
Phase 3 of 3 in the build is now underway. With the frag tank installed a sump was built and plumbed to be able to run with the main display (as we have been doing for a couple months) or seperating and using with qt,refugium and qt sump. Sump was delivered today and much to my surprise was installed before I even returned. This is what I came home to today. Good start to phase 3 for sure...:tongue:

qtsump1.jpg
qtsump4.jpg
 
from another angle..
 

Attachments

  • qtsump2.jpg
    qtsump2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 524
  • qtsump3.jpg
    qtsump3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 538
and a last shot of my temporary enclosure for one of the apex modules.. lol gotta love the led add on
 

Attachments

  • Attaboxghetto.jpg
    Attaboxghetto.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 519
qt tank, display refugium, and stand will be delivered and hooked up on Wednesday so we should be set up and running full throttle by next weekend.
 
Then on to filling them all with aquatic livestock....arguably the best part!

Absolutely but being an engineer I actually enjoy the design and build process as much as the hobby. You might be an engineer if.....
 
FTS with iphone pan tonight.. not easy to get good shots of an 11' tank.lol
 

Attachments

  • April122015.jpg
    April122015.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 522
Tanks looking great, how many mp60s do u have on your back wall? Just curious how u like the flow, I'm running similar setup.... Awesome build bro
 
Tanks looking great, how many mp60s do u have on your back wall? Just curious how u like the flow, I'm running similar setup.... Awesome build bro

I am running 3 MPW60's on the back wall on one on each end of the tank. The 60's are made much better than the 40's and run silent without the new silent drivers. Awesome flow...No dead spots.
 
I currently have 2 on my 245 now, there a bit noisy I'm gonna try the new ones out I think see if they are that much better.... Good know that's working for you, epic build!
 
I currently have 2 on my 245 now, there a bit noisy I'm gonna try the new ones out I think see if they are that much better.... Good know that's working for you, epic build!

My extreme case of OCD will surely lead me to the new silent models soon even if they dont run quieter. At least there is another random mode to utilize! LOL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new