Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank today

Skimmer with cup on. Filled after around 14 days. Outside air - no CO2 scrubber for the moment
Combined biofilter and phosphate removing reactor. High flow 1000 l/H
Oxidator filled once every month. 9 % 3 catalyst. Work for around 14 days - not work around 14 days
2 RW8 and one Tunze 6040 as wavemakers
Return pump running at 50 % - means somewhere around 12 - 1500 L/hour
Very dense refugium for the moment
Flow through DSB - around 200 l/day - around -200 mV in ORP (variations - small tops over 0 - max 200 mV each day). around 4 ml 4% etanol each day
PO4 between 0.04 and 0.08, NO3 just now around 1 mg/L and NO2 around 0.01 mg/L
Cyanobacteria in some hidden places with low flow and newly dead organisms
Dosing Core 7 - around 50 ml/day of all four. Dosing iron, iodine, iron, manganese, strontium and vanadium on a dailt basis. Was dosing Rubidium for a while but stopped for some months ago. Dosing NH4 on a daily bases for the moment - not PO4 and/or NO3 but it depends on figures. Very much white light on for the moment 5 hours 90 % intensity.
Feeding cyclops during night

Some pictures

fts.jpg

ok.jpg

sticks.jpg

A new Video 52 months old reef aquarium

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @ksed

I saw a thread in the SPS part of the forum. The poster asked what people do in order to colouring up their sticks. I do not know what to answer - I have no clue - look at this picture - same clone, same water and same light

explain.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At last - after nearly 6 months - I today succeed to shot a video (not the best - but a video) of one of my most secret fish. Probably a Callogobius hasseltii

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I got another surprise. This species of Callogobius seems to be a very shy species. More than 6 months ago I introduce at least 2 individuals to my aquarium - 80 gallon with a lot of secret places (I do not remember if it was 2 or three that I introduce). I have seen one now and then - yesterday I could spot two!!! This is what I love with my aquarium - it has its own life full of surprises.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 10 days in my refugium I add a new fish thursday evening. It is a species that I want for very long time but hesitate because it grows a little bit larger compared with my other fish. It has also a rumour that it is difficult to get these fishes to eat dead food. After two days in my refugium - he/she eat frozen artemia like a horse. In the video you can see that this behavior also turn up in the DT. I was lucky to get a rather small individual from TMC in the UK. Even if I have known bullies among my other fish - the introduction into the DT was smooth - no signs of aggressivity at all. Since I start with an acclimatization period in my refugium - all transition into the DT has gone very well.

Which is the species?

Ladies and gentlemens - let me present my copperband

pincet-1.jpg

pincet-2.jpg

pincet-3.jpg

pincet-4.jpg

pincet-5.jpg

And an old favorite - the one wearing a pyjamas :D

pyiamas.jpg

The video from a 53 months old aquarium

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 10 days in my refugium I add a new thursday evening. I species that I want for very long time but hesitate because it grows a little bit larger compared with my other fish. It has also a rumour that it is difficult to get these fishes to eat dead food. After two days in my refugium - he/she eat frozen artemia like a horse. In the video you can see that this behavior also turn up in the DT. I was lucky to get a rather small individual from TMC in the UK. Even if I have known bullies among my other fish - the introduction into the DT was smooth - no signs of aggressivity at all. Since I start with an acclimatization period in my refugium - all transition into the DT has gone very well.

Which is the species?

Ladies and gentlemens - let me present my copperband

pincet-1.jpg

pincet-2.jpg

pincet-3.jpg

pincet-4.jpg

pincet-5.jpg

And an old favorite - the one wearing a pyjamas :D

pyiamas.jpg

The video from a 53 months old aquarium

Sincerely Lasse

I found the same with my copperband I introduced about a month ago, it’s the first to the frozen food and will stick up for its self with my wrasse and angels... these grow into big fish, 6-7” as I know you will know, do you intend to remove after a few years or do you think it will stunt?

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the same with my copperband I introduced about a month ago, it’s the first to the frozen food and will stick up for its self with my wrasse and angels... these grow into big fish, 6-7” as I know you will know, do you intend to remove after a few years or do you think it will stunt?
Yes I know the size :( But hopefully at that time it is too big - there is a 400 000 litres aquarium near by :D I only feed with frozen food and once a day (normally - during a week or two - it will be twice) My other fish have grown very slowly (and that's my goal) - I hope this will do the same. We will see - but there is a backup plan if he/she grow too fast and too big.

Sincerely Lasse

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know the size :( But hopefully at that time it is too big - there is a 400 000 litres aquarium near by :D I only feed with frozen food and once a day (normally - during a week or two - it will be twice) My other fish have grown very slowly (and that's my goal) - I hope this will do the same. We will see - but there is a backup plan if he/she grow too fast and too big.

Sincerely Lasse
Great! We can trade. We got about 100 bubble tips anemones from the one you donated. You can have them back if we get the copperband :D

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get it for free when it is time for that :D as you get the bubble tip.I know that it will become in good hands - just look at the bubble tips - I give you 3 and in 4-5 years your care have been so good that they are 100 + at this time - well done :D

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have sent in two different water analysis - one to Triton and one to Oceamo. I sent to both because Oceamo do test nitrite and nitrate too. I have got a Hanna nitrate LR checker and want to see how it works compared with Oceamos test. Oceamo use Ion chromatography for the analysis of nitrite and nitrate - therefore it is possible to use their analyse as a base for my own nitrate analysis (IMO). Oceamo test also for rubidium and real phosphate.

Sincerely Lasse

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank today

Skimmer with cup on. Filled after around 14 days. Outside air - no CO2 scrubber for the moment
Oxidator filled once every month. 9 % 3 catalyst. Work for around 14 days - not work around 14 days
Flow through DSB - around 200 l/day - around -200 mV in ORP (variations - small tops over 0 - max 200 mV each day). around 4 ml 4% etanol each day
Dosing Core 7 - around 50 ml/day of all four. Dosing iron, iodine, iron, manganese, strontium and vanadium on a dailt basis. Was dosing Rubidium for a while but stopped for some months ago. Dosing NH4 on a daily bases for the moment - not PO4 and/or NO3 but it depends on figures. Very much white light on for the moment 5 hours 90 % intensity.

Some pictures

fts.jpg

ok.jpg

sticks.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

I have never seen a black(?) coral croucher. He is way kewl. :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have test with the new Hanna Nitrate LR checker HI781 four times during 3 days. I am rather pleased with the "stability" of the test result. It has been 2.63, 2.98 and 2,78 ppm. I still not know if the result is accurate or not and still not know the compensate factor for the nitrite interference. I hope the Hanna will comeback with that factor - for me it is totally crucial if I can have it as a tool for managing my reef.

The analyse is rather easy to do - even if it is rather much steps. I have discovered 1 problem step. It is very important that the filter is placed in the right way and that is properly screwed and sealed - both for the filter compartment and filter compartment into the syringe.

Sincerely Lasse

Bizzie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank today

Some pictures

fts.jpg

ok.jpg

sticks.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

Awesome!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back