Lasses Dream Build

Helped a friend change two of these
You remember doing similar?
Those were the days. Hehehe

20180630_102426.jpg


20180630_102906.jpg
 
I was not a plumber - but yes - been there - done that :) But to use plastic thread tape for such coarse threads? I´m old enough to know how to seal with linen :)

Sincerely Lasse
 
I was not a plumber - but yes - been there - done that :) But to use plastic thread tape for such coarse threads? I´m old enough to know how to seal with linen :)

Sincerely Lasse
The tape is the type for natural gas, yellow looking
 
I have no experiences with pipes for gas or that type of plastic thread tape - maybe it works - I do not know. However, every time I have used plastic thread tape (the type we have here in Sweden) for course threads (water or air) - I had been forced to redo it - and do it the old fashion way - with linen :)

Sincerely Lasse
 
Last edited:
I have no experiences with pipes for gas or that type of plastic thread tape - maybe it works - I do not know. However, every time I have used plastic thread tape (the type we have here in Sweden) for course threads (water or air) - I had been forced to redo it - and do it the old fashion way - with linen :)

Sincerely Lasse
  • Lasse, linen? Is that like cotton type linen? Before my time. We also use joint compound with teflon particles in it. Interesting.
 
In a year - i do not need it - my largest at this moment is 6 inch - it was 2.5 inch a year ago. :) My smallest is at this moment like that - around 2.5 inch

clam.jpg

​
I have been taken some pictures this evening. I got a new light 5 days ago and I´m not comfortable to take photos with this light yet. Therefore - the colours are not the best. But first - my favorite

sunburst.jpg

​
Some other pictures from today

coral.jpg


coral2.jpg


coral3.jpg


coral4.jpg


corals.jpg


polyps.jpg


polyps2.jpg


polyps3.jpg

​
Sincerely Lasse
 
In a year - i do not need it - my largest at this moment is 6 inch - it was 2.5 inch a year ago. :) My smallest is at this moment like that - around 2.5 inch

clam.jpg

​
I have been taken some pictures this evening. I got a new light 5 days ago and I´m not comfortable to take photos with this light yet. Therefore - the colours are not the best. But first - my favorite

sunburst.jpg

​
Some other pictures from today

coral.jpg


coral2.jpg


coral3.jpg


coral4.jpg


corals.jpg


polyps.jpg


polyps2.jpg


polyps3.jpg

​
Sincerely Lasse
Your the man, Lasse. Mr. Blue thumb. When I'm your age, one day, hopefully Mr. Blue thumb. WOW
 
Nice to see you went with the GHL lightbars.
I used 2 actinics to add to my t5 before I changed all to Radions.
They are still in use, even with the radions.
I love how you can program them.

So with 4 pieces you still get 200 PAR? Do you use all led colours at full?
 
Some pictures with only the RGB LEDs of my Mitras LEDbar 2

fts.jpg

​
The GHL Mitras LEDbar 2 - No fans!!!!

fixture.jpg

​
Some of the inhabitants - early in the morning

cardinals.jpg


clam.jpg


mushroom.jpg


​
I did a test when I got them and I got nearly 200 PAR all over the aquarium. I will do better measurements after some weeks. Today I add a "coloured pin" (my name for acropora´s :) ) at the bottom- Colour - rather brown - we will see what´s happen with it

Now - I will watch Mexico-Brazil - after 30 minutes - still 0-0

Sincerely Lasse
 
I do not think this new coral (to my aquaria) was free of parasites or other organisms. But - with a good CUC - the work will be done:)



Sincerely Lasse
 
Your build is always a fun one to get caught up on. New lights give the tank a great hue. That clam is gorgeous as well, good job with the new photos!

Thank you

Your new lighting looks great! Are the pictures a close representation of what you see in person?

Yes - they are rather like how it looks like

Some more

This acropora was rather brown when I got it a couple of months ago - now green

acro1.jpg

​
A new acropora as a test

new-acro.jpg

​
Some more pictures

goby.jpg


hermit.jpg


monty.jpg


snail1.jpg


snail2.jpg

​
MVH Lasse
 
For the moment - my aquaria has a rather high demand of PO4. 5 days ago - PO4 = 0.08 - today PO4 = 0. Some were between - the tube from the PO4 solution to the pump fell down from the pump. I dose an amount that should giv a concentration of around 0.06 ppm PO4 every day and I´m normally and up with an unused amount of around 0.08 ppm PO4. It looks like I´m very near the point there I can risk a real 0 PO4 and no stored PO4 in stones and sand.

It also looks like the new light has rise the growth rate of my corals - I had to rise my dosing of Cor7 today and I´m slowly building up my Ca levels with additional dosing of CaCl*2H2O

Some pictures

clam.jpg


coral.jpg


green.jpg


green1.jpg



growing.jpg


monty.jpg

​
Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new