Lasses Dream Build

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the evening - aliens show up. Bad quality in the beginning but better in the end.

Sincerely Lasse

That very nice is that considered a sea cucumber? I have not seen one like that. seems to do a good job of turning your sand, I think I might need one of these can you tell me the name?

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No No I´m not a good video/photographer - it is a very good camera.

Yes - I have a lot of time - I´m retired :). I´m able to start the day with a Sangria if I want and end it with a Aperol spritz

Some more photos.

Fish

goby-1.jpg

goby3.jpg

sunburst.jpg

wrasse1.jpg

Corals

coral2.jpg

coral3.jpg

coral4.jpg

But it is not me - it is the Camera that produce these pictures. But if I show 10 pictures here - I had shot 100 pictures.

As an example - I have shot hundreds of pictures of my blenny - never, ever got a good one. This - of the head - is good enough to be published - but I have try for more than one year

Sincerely Lasse

I see your aquariums and I see your photography, just admit it @Lasse, you are an artist.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m not sure what species it is. However I think it is close to Holothuria hilla. Yes they are doing a great job - sometimes you can se their pop as small pellets of coral sand. I think @najer has the same creature - maybe he knows the name.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the evening - aliens show up. Bad quality in the beginning but better in the end.

Sincerely Lasse

@Lasse Is the lighting color in your video pretty much what you see in person, or is the lighting more blue in person? I tend to like my tanks whiter looking than most, as it is in your video and in your LPS pictures above.

Great pictures and videos!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tft12 Yes it is - I like a white look too. The way i do that is to chose my fixtures from their ability to use RGB. My old fixture did not have an white phosphorus coated LEDs at all - only 9 discrete LED emitters. The feeling of a white light was adjusted by red, green and blue LEDs. My new fixture GHL Mitras LED bar 2 has white phosphorus coated LEDs but also a lot of low powered RGB LEDs. In the evenings - after 20:00 I run all blue and all RGB - nearly none of the white LEDs. My camera is rather good. When I run much blue LEDs - normally it will be a blue tint in the photo. I aim my camera att the whites spot in the aquaria - press a button and I get the right white balance and the photo will be rather like real life. I normally adjust the colours in Photoshop but only to be more like it looks at that moment in the aquaria. At the moment I run my RGB ( 172 at 0.6 W each att 100%) and all blue channels (87 at 1 W each at 100%) at 100 % . My 4500 K white at 56 % (10 pcs - around 1 W each at 100%) ) My 6500 K (32 pc around 1 w each at 100%) at 10 % and my 8000 K (43 pcs around 1 W at 100 %) at 10% - total around 200 W and my coral sand is white with a slight bluish tint. In your thread about PAR and Deresa Clams - I will publish four new photos that have been taken in this light

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing set up, look up abalone (haliotis austrails) might want to add one to your reef.... :rolleyes:

It has been on the list :) as the upside down jelly fish (Cassiopea). I can easily get the Cassiopea but have not tried it in this aquaria yet. I have a spot in my refugium that´s maybe work as a calm place - we will see.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the moment I try to take a video of one of my newcomers - a fish that the word shy is only the first letter in its name. I did nor succeeded today either - it will probably take som months. However - earlier this day I spot at least 2 of my possum wrasses - haven´t seen them for a month - and I´m looking for them every day :)

Talking of long time - no seen - this two show digging mode today

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s just hope for a good competitive match this afternoon I obviously want England to win though....

Now I get surprised :)

Have you realized - it is not the World Cup any more - it has become the European Championship :) - without Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy and Germany!!!

It could end up with England VS Russia in the semifinal - that will be a toxic one!

As Belgium play yesterday - that´s my favourite for the moment - if not Sweden continue with just to pile on :)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
@Lasse
I read the first page of your thread and am intrigued with your hydrogen sulfide reactor concept. Ten months ago, I vacumned 6” sandbed down to 2”. Decision was prompted by lose of sandbed detrivores to Melanarious Wrasse in 25 year old Jaubert Plenum 75G display.

In the last five years, I have come to the conclusion that I don’t need to reduce nitrates. In fact, I add 10ml of ammonia per 100G to all of my tanks each day. Initially, I started this protocol to starve cynobacteria and have since found that my systems respond with phenomenal growth rates. Yes, I feed heavy including live shellfish (PaulB infected me) to grow the system. I know success when I see it and I emulated the reverse flow filter on my 120G tank at 7 months old.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In fact, I add 10ml of ammonia per 100G to all of my tanks each day.
Shhhh!!!! Don't let anyone see this! Ammonia is poison not food, you will be mocked! :p

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back