Lasses Dream Build

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in Sweden, do as the Swedes. They **** in their tanks. It must be the beer.
Aquarium food variety pack?
upload_2018-7-17_13-7-0.png

Umm... hopefully Lasse will forgive us for derailing his thread a bit!

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in Sweden, do as the Swedes. They **** in their tanks. It must be the beer.

No I have not pee in my tank - yet - but if I run short of my NO3 source I´ll probably do that :) However I have been growing phytoplankton with pee as a nutrient - a little low in P - but it works :)

Umm... hopefully Lasse will forgive us for derailing his thread a bit!

Nema problema - I have found both your and Subsea´s build thread. The revenge will come sooner or later :)

I dose NO3 instead of NH3/NH4 - I´m a little bit afraid of dosing NH3/NH4 because I use automatic dosing.

In the last five years, I have come to the conclusion that I don’t need to reduce nitrates
I have the same attitude but I prefer to have a system going that reduce the NO3 and that I need to dose N in one or another form. It easy to calculate the daily flux this way. I dose PO4 too - if I not dose - I get zero.

It is now 25 months since start and - yes I like it

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I have not pee in my tank - yet - but if I run short of my NO3 source I´ll probably do that :) However I have been growing phytoplankton with pee as a nutrient - a little low in P - but it works :)

Nema problema - I have found both your and Subsea´s build thread. The revenge will come sooner or later :)

I dose NO3 instead of NH3/NH4 - I´m a little bit afraid of dosing NH3/NH4 because I use automatic dosing.

I have the same attitude but I prefer to have a system going that reduce the NO3 and that I need to dose N in one or another form. It easy to calculate the daily flux this way. I dose PO4 too - if I not dose - I get zero.

It is now 25 months since start and - yes I like it

Sincerely Lasse

Hey uncle Lasse, I might of conquered the dendronephthya and scleronephthya feeding challenges. The apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse, it looks like you have red striped cardinals. I have a trio and I believe 2 have paired up and are ready to spawn.

One of the duo has a big belly and they swim together real fast darting in and out of the rock work and all over the tank. They are virtually glued together as they do this.

Have you witnessed this behavior?

Thanks

Mike

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse, it looks like you have red striped cardinals. I have a trio and I believe 2 have paired up and are ready to spawn.

One of the duo has a big belly and they swim together real fast darting in and out of the rock work and all over the tank. They are virtually glued together as they do this.

Have you witnessed this behavior?

Thanks

Mike

No I´m not sure that I have both sexes. There is two that hang out together but have not seen any spawning but I think that you just see it :)

Sincerely Lasse

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I´m not sure that I have both sexes. There is two that hang out together but have not seen any spawning but I think that you just see it :)

Sincerely Lasse

Thanks for the reply. I will try to get a video and share as I cannot find one any where.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Hello.jpg

I lost my scooter blenny - I got this some days ago (and one more). Still not adapted to the tank

Sincerely Lasse

Those are cool. You will have to make a pod feeder. link

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Hello.jpg

I lost my scooter blenny - I got this some days ago (and one more). Still not adapted to the tank

Sincerely Lasse

We have a lot of Gammarus in the refugium to the cold water system(where we heat the water to 21 degrees). Always thought they would be great for mandarins, but never tried(because we couldn't find tank breed ones). You should bring some home and try next time you at the work. I think they are from Swedish waters, but I'm not sure. About 5-8 mm. And easy to breed.
Right now they are first food for the newly hatched cuttlefish.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are cool. You will have to make a pod feeder. link

We have a lot of Gammarus in the refugium to the cold water system(where we heat the water to 21 degrees). Always thought they would be great for mandarins, but never tried(because we couldn't find tank breed ones). You should bring some home and try next time you at the work. I think they are from Swedish waters, but I'm not sure. About 5-8 mm. And easy to breed.
Right now they are first food for the newly hatched cuttlefish.

These take frozen food - have done it for four weeks now. I know a guy that are fantastic in making difficult fish to eat frozen food. The fish is coming from him. I do not get a mandarin that I do not have seen taking frozen food. An they eat already. I will feed at least 2 times a day for a week or two. But I will collect gammarus tomorrow David :)

Sincerely Lasse

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These take frozen food - have done it for four weeks now. I know a guy that are fantastic in making difficult fish to eat frozen food. The fish is coming from him. I do not get a mandarin that I do not have seen taking frozen food. An they eat already. I will feed at least 2 times a day for a week or two. But I will collect gammarus tomorrow David :)

Sincerely Lasse
Ahhhh yes o wise one;):p:D

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back