OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have been in my DT for nearly two weeks. With this I test to put them directly in the DT but I will not do that again. This fishes have been in my LFS for more than 4 weeks and they eat dead frozen artemia and cyclops. However - they are a bit slender - I will feed my aquaria twice the coming weeks. They are handpicked from a group of 8 and I spend at least 1 hour in front of their aquarium in the LFS - looking at their behavior and how they looks like. This aquarium is decorated as a home aquaria with lots of small stones at the bottom. It looks like they are forming a pair - we will see.

However - they have occupied on part of the aquaria between the side window and a large fake rock. I think that this special part has been the home of some of my pods because before the mandarins enter the DT - it was my pipefish favourite hunting ground. He/She still goes there as you can see in the video.

Sincerely Lasse

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New video with some of my fishes

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse, your video's are amazing. Have you ever considered linking them to the museums website to increase their educational value?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you - no we have not considered that.

Sincerely Lasse
If the website can support it, I think you should look into it. If you could edit in 20 to 30 second video clips into the links I believe it would make the website come alive!

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some photos

FTS

180625-FTS.jpg

Alien invasion

alien.jpg

Bubbles

bubbles.jpg

Some others

clam.jpg

euphyllia.jpg

euphyllia-2.jpg

part-2.jpg

part-3.jpg

part-4.jpg

sunburst-1.jpg

sunburst-2.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

I really hope to understand some day how a tank can be so populated and so natural in same time. How you get so much growth in two year....for me it's unbelievable. Amazing...

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hope to understand some day how a tank can be so populated and so natural in same time. How you get so much growth in two year....for me it's unbelievable. Amazing...

Thank you - I´m afraid that I can´t either answer that question. Especially my clams - but today I got a little concerned about one of the clams - but I will not do anything but wait. And that´s probably my best answer - just wait and see - do not do so much before you are sure what to do,

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment I try to have my reversed remote deep sand bed to work in a way that I want. There is two things I want to achieve.

1) a flow of around 30 - 100 litres/24 hour
2) a redox potential in the plenum of around 0

At the moment - if I programme my reversed pump to give 30 - 100 litres a day - the redox potential will be around 150 - 250 mV. I need to start the whole thing with adding some DOC down to the plenum. There is a possibility to use my Redox probe in order to manage both flow and DOC adding. However it not as easy as it look like. I have constructed a "virtual" probe that give me the possibility to use two different nominal values and programming. However - it is very sensitive - a little more than needed - large result. I have to work with the concentration of the DOC (I use Ethanol). At the moment I use around 10 %. I can´t use automatic dosing of DOC for the moment - instead I dose around 0.1 ml 10 % ethanol every other hour. Still rather large variation of my redox - to much for me. I´ll work with it. Will test different programming and concentrations.

Next level will be to make some own vegetable food for my filtrating animals. A while ago @Jomama plant an idea in my head will not - as it seems - leave my head unproven wrong or right. My wife has not been home today - it means that she will not see my creative use of kitchen stuff :)

Pictures speak for them self

start.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I will soon test this juice for my filter feeders :)

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment I try to have my reversed remote deep sand bed to work in a way that I want. There is two things I want to achieve.

At the moment - if I programme my reversed pump to give 30 - 100 litres a day - the redox potential will be around 150 - 250 mV. I need to start the whole thing with adding some DOC down to the plenum. There is a possibility to use my Redox probe in order to manage both flow and DOC adding. However it not as easy as it look like. I have constructed a "virtual" probe that give me the possibility to use two different nominal values and programming. However - it is very sensitive - a little more than needed - large result. I have to work with the concentration of the DOC (I use Ethanol). At the moment I use around 10 %. I can´t use automatic dosing of DOC for the moment - instead I dose around 0.1 ml 10 % ethanol every other hour. Still rather large variation of my redox - to much for me. I´ll work with it. Will test different programming and concentrations.

Next level will be to make some own vegetable food for my filtrating animals. A while ago @Jomama plant an idea in my head will not - as it seems - leave my head unproven wrong or right. My wife has not been home today - it means that she will not see my creative use of kitchen stuff :)

start.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

I'm not as dumb as I look. For a Mexican/Jew.

But seriously, I also think the media in the DSB, will effect flow your trying to achieve

Don't forget, see if you can use the macroalgae that's chopped up too
I put chopped up pieces and hang in tank like tea bag.

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

start.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sincerely Lasse

About the juice, your filter feeders will love it. Live long and prosper

Last edited:
Back