Last fish to add

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 57 gallon with 1 clown, 1 banggai cardinal, 1 mystery wrasse, 1 midas blenny, 1 scooter blenny, 1 hawkfish and one possum wrasse. I have a really peaceful reef but wanted to add another fish to finish the list off and was thinking about adding a damsel. I would like to get a couple but read they will kill each other off until only one is left. What would be the best selection of damsel for semi-peacefulness and coloration? Is this a good fish choice?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 57 gallon with 1 clown, 1 banggai cardinal, 1 mystery wrasse, 1 midas blenny, 1 scooter blenny, 1 hawkfish and one possum wrasse. I wanted to add another fish to finish the list off and was thinking about adding a damsel. I would like to get a couple but read they will kill each other off until only one is left. What would be the best selection of damsel for semi-peacefulness and coloration? Is this a good fish choice?
Talbots&rollands are on the chiller side for damsels. They tend to do well in small groups.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The above mentioned damsels, as well as the azure damsel are well-behaved species.

How long have you had your fish together? Mystery wrasses can get cranky as they mature, and grow increasingly intolerant of other wrasses.

OP
OP
blkhawk10

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had all the fish together for about 4 months, some have been together for a couple years. The mystery wrasse was the last fish I added and it along with the hawkfish killed a tongora goby that I had in there for about 3 years.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back