Last week Dinos this week Aptasia

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never the less it’s been an exciting week. I have started addressing the Dinos by increasing nutrients, beneficial bacteria, and looking into a UV sterilizer. Today I noticed aptasia even though I have tried to be very cautious of what I have put in my tank. I started by ordering a peppermint shrimp and have looked into Nudis. I appreciate any advice and well wishes but I knew everything was going to smooth!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never the less it’s been an exciting week. I have started addressing the Dinos by increasing nutrients, beneficial bacteria, and looking into a UV sterilizer. Today I noticed aptasia even though I have tried to be very cautious of what I have put in my tank. I started by ordering a peppermint shrimp and have looked into Nudis. I appreciate any advice and well wishes but I knew everything was going to smooth!
Frank's F-Aiptasia smothers; BRS did a nice review recently. Aiptasia-X may be similar but I only have personal experience with Frank's F-Aiptasia

BRS also did a 2019 best dip review, but none of those reviewed dips kill. Your mechanical removal is needed.

OP
OP
Ober_Reef

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frank's F-Aiptasia smothers; BRS did a nice review recently. Aiptasia-X may be similar but I only have personal experience with Frank's F-Aiptasia

BRS also did a 2019 best dip review, but none of those reviewed dips kill. Your mechanical removal is needed.
I will order the F-Aptasia and also have an email out to salty underground for a nudibranch recommendation. Thanks!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said I knew it was going too smooth, also my second child was born last Monday so it’s been an exciting week none the less.
I will order the F-Aptasia and also have an email out to salty underground for a nudibranch recommendation. Thanks!

Congratulations on second child!

berghia nudibranches are sold by many. Rarely do people seem to pass them along so sadly they tend to starve and die off, if they aren't first eaten by fish in tank.

My true peppermints eventually began eating my hammer corals, so no longer fan of peppermint shrimp for aiptasia.

Good luck with your human and reef family!!

OP
OP
Ober_Reef

Ober_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on second child!

berghia nudibranches are sold by many. Rarely do people seem to pass them along so sadly they tend to starve and die off, if they aren't first eaten by fish in tank.

My true peppermints eventually began eating my hammer corals, so no longer fan of peppermint shrimp for aiptasia.

Good luck with your human and reef family!!
Thank you for the advice ! I did have luck with peppermints years ago but I did not have coral back then. Anyone else have this experience with them eating coral ? Should I cancel my order ?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the advice ! I did have luck with peppermints years ago but I did not have coral back then. Anyone else have this experience with them eating coral ? Should I cancel my order ?
Yes, others also have had this experience BUT there are others that have not...

Euphylliidae family (hammers, frogspawn, etc) seem to be most tasty, but there are reports of others. Dig deep in your site and/or google searches to find many examples and heated opinions on this. It's why I call out I had "true" peppermints as some will say they don't, but others had experiences like mine...

Gqch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
as a reefer, i think most of us have been face to these matter few times already, just be patient to this wonderful hobby, there are always some cures behind the problem. also be care with pepermint! it does clean the aptatia but they most likely eat corals after all aptatia gone, just keep your eyes on them. happy reefing!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back