Latezonatus has ovipositor out...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maximus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
1,682
Reaction score
648
Location
CA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get this clownfish fanatics! I just received a "pair" of Latz clowns from Karen B. in Hawaii today. She graciously sent me a pair from her first generation that are around 3.5 years old. When I opened the box, I was elated to say the least. These fish are beautiful and large, probably close to 4-5" long. Anyways, one of the fish seemed to be really plump and a few hours ago, I noticed something coming out of her underside. At first, I thought it was poop and paid no attention to it. A couple hours went by and it looked the same. I assumed it was constipated but after looking closer, I'm 99% sure it is the ovipositor. Now, let me tell you why this is strange. Karen had told me that she had both of these clowns in a 100g and they formed a bond. Here's the kicker, she said they both lay eggs!! WOW, so I have a pair of females who have bonded and one is about to lay eggs! How cool is that? The only sad part is that for obvious reasons, the eggs will never be fertile. Oh well, I suppose my Swissguard basslet pair will be enjoying dinner soon enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new