Lawnmower blenny or kole?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chefbill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Chefbill

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2014
Messages
248
Reaction score
111
Location
Rockford Ill
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have very minor hair algae and some green film algae. Debating between a lawnmower blenny and a kole tang. 90 gallon tank 30 gallon sump well skimmed current inhabitants are a flasher wrasse, melanarius wrasse, yellow Coris wrasse Clarkii clownfish Mandarin and a bass. Opinions?
 
Either qould be fine for your tank, it really just depends on your preference. Personally, I like the look of a kole tang, but many like the personality of the blenny.
 
I will say that my Lawnmower blenny doesn't touch hair algae in my tank.

He will eat film algae, but I'm not convinced he isn't just trying to eat the pods. He really won't take any algae fish food, or Nori but loves rods and mysis.

I do love his personality, he is really a show stealer. My family all loves him and could care less about my pretty wrasse or corals or any thing else in the tank... My mom calls him godzilla and is the first thing she looks for in the tank when she comes over...
 
I have a Kole and it does a great job with hair algae. They can be a little aggressive when adding new fish. They love to swim. Maybe borrow a sea hare for a few weeks if the problem is bad. Then the Kole will keep things under control.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new