Lawnmower Blenny Wasting Away

  • Thread starter Thread starter SC00BY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SC00BY

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen this guy even look at any food I have put in the tank in the last 5 months, he is getting very skinny. Only tankmates are a pair of ORA false percs and a royal gramma. So far I have tried Nori sheets, Formula 2 flake, prime reef flake, rods food (herb and reg) Hakari frozen Brine and Mysis, hakari small pellets, OSI spirulina flake, and PE mysis. Very little algae in the tank, but he seems to pick up some here and there, spends all day grazing the rocks. I never clean the glass since he has been looking frail. All my buddies have fat, bratwurst looking lawnmowers. I see him poo ocassionally so I know he is eating something. Any ideas?
 
Try live brine shrimp. I have the same issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new