Lawnmower Blenny

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fishman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fishman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2007
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some fish .All fish are fine but the lawnmower blenny .I have to really look close for him to find him.When I do he looks to be breathing heavy.Is this a heardy fish? Is he still getting acc.to the tank?Have had him 2 days.I'm concerned about the lawnmower.I did do a water change last night.Any ideas?
 
Lawnmower Blennys are for sure not a hardy species. If there is no algae in your tank for him to graze on I would invest in some seaweed strips and place them throughout the tank. There are other foods that can work to, like pellets but seaweed strips always have worked.
 
I'm sure he's ok. Blenny's perch on rocks and are hard to spot sometimes as they blend in with the colors sometime.
 
I'm sure he's ok. Blenny's perch on rocks and are hard to spot sometimes as they blend in with the colors sometime.
That's the truth. I can look right at mine and won't actually see him until he moves. Mine loves just about any food I put into the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new