• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

LAX Noob Reef- Beware Scammed

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

gspeed124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi I am a relatively new member and have made a few transactions in the past that all went smoothly until this one. I purchased an xr15 from LAX Noob Reef last month and right after I sent the money(275$) realized the fan is broken which it said on the ad I just misread. 10 minutes after sending payment I asked for a refund but said its okay if you just sent the light as it was my mistake for not correctly reading the ad before sending the money. He said he would send the refund but hasn't sent my money back or sent the light. I have reached out multiple times and have not received a refund or the light. He has not blocked me from viewing his profile and on venmo it shows he sold the light to someone else and took my money(275$). It says he has been on the forum since 2013 so pretty angry something like this happened.

Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 8.25.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 8.25.24 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 8.25.34 PM.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back