LE Event Horizon Favia aka PPE Chalice/JC Prism Chalice

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this from Nanofins as a single polyp. Really a nice coral. One of my favorites. Wanted to share a picture

It is not a chalice but was named it in the past. I don't really care what people want to refer to it as. :)

EventHorizonppe2.jpg

EventHorizonppe.jpg

OP
OP
B

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Wow, definately looks different. I took the first picture out of water with a flash. Second picture is taken under only actinic with no flash. I have 2x175w 15k Iwasaki MH's over my 75g with actinic supplement.

Very nice colony. Looks amazing! What light do you have yours in.

Here is mines.
eventhorizonfavia.jpg

BayCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got mine, it was bleached. So I always kept it on the bottom of my tank with low light, but the colors turned out very nice. I have mines on 250w phoenix mh w/ t5 combo.

OP
OP
B

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got mine, it was bleached. So I always kept it on the bottom of my tank with low light, but the colors turned out very nice. I have mines on 250w phoenix mh w/ t5 combo.

Looks very nice. Definately looks different. It is so funny how the same coral looks different, shows different colors, under different light.

I have mine in the middle under the cross bar in the sand at the bottom of the tank also with a little shade.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bkoppes ,your colony looks awesome, this is by far my favorite coral. I got 1 eye from juice, but it was in my biocube when I was lazily dosing magnesium for hair algae, it hated that, Started melting, went own in size to less than the center eye and turned solid purple. Complete coral hissy fit. I tried iodine dips, but it made it worse. Eventually I got a new tank I put her in the shade and left it alone. Now it is no bigger than it was when I first got it, but now I got 5 eyes.
Went from this
IMG_2230.jpg

to this
IMG_3121.jpg

Last edited:

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice. can't wait til mine is that big. i believe mine is currently 3 heads morphing to 4.

pech29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine's gone from 2 eyes at the end of September to 5 eyes as of today. I'll see if I can get some good pics tonight :) Everyone's is looking great! It is definitely my favorite and prized piece.

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Brett. Looking real good! This is one piece that just gets better with time. The pattern and colors don't really acheive their full potential until you're up over 8-10 polyps, IMO.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love mines as well, not source through zach but a local in my area. Came in as a hitchhiker.

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bkoppes ,your colony looks awesome, this is by far my favorite coral. I got 1 eye from juice, but it was in my biocube when I was lazily dosing magnesium for hair algae, it hated that, Started melting, went own in size to less than the center eye and turned solid purple. Complete coral hissy fit. I tried iodine dips, but it made it worse. Eventually I got a new tank I put her in the shade and left it alone. Now it is no bigger than it was when I first got it, but now I got 5 eyes.
Went from this
IMG_2230.jpg

to this
IMG_3121.jpg
Very nice.

OP
OP
B

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went from this
IMG_2230.jpg

to this
IMG_3121.jpg

Yours looks great too. Looks like it has more red to it. What lighting is yours under?

bk how long did it take you to achieve that growth from 1 polyp?

7 months.

Nice Brett. Looking real good! This is one piece that just gets better with time. The pattern and colors don't really acheive their full potential until you're up over 8-10 polyps, IMO.

Thanks Zack

BayCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 eyes in Nov. from PurpleUp and now it's grown to 6 eyes.

Zack- I think I have a nice little frag coming from you today. I just cant get enough.:bigsmile:

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 eyes in Nov. from PurpleUp and now it's grown to 6 eyes.

Zack- I think I have a nice little frag coming from you today. I just cant get enough.:bigsmile:

Hehe, that piece from Purpleup is from me too. It's hard to have too much of this coral though. I've got like three mini-colonies and one big colony right now, and I love looking at them!

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 46 50.5%
  • Full frame

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • All of the above

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back