Leaellynasaura's 135g reef/fish tank thread

When your clowns would rather host PVC pipe than your coral:

 
Last edited:
Tank Update: 11/17/2017

I forgot to film one new zoa, but I will show it soon.

 
This is a quick update showing my Banggai Cardinal pair after they mated with the father holding the eggs in his mouth.

 
The coral continues to grow.

6E1C06AE-5931-4450-AEAE-03632D0E2328.jpeg


27DDC7AD-2A94-47E7-ADAF-50820ACEFEFD.jpeg


C6BFBECD-BB0F-45F3-B57A-FABD22101AC8.jpeg


646C6F2A-DC0A-48C5-B91F-36E3B8827BB8.jpeg


F5D363C6-C7CA-45CD-8322-FE0F1560C218.jpeg


47AAAC79-F784-4EBF-A7F8-DDF43A6BD043.jpeg


C8885E9D-40D3-458D-BCCF-2BFEDF6152D3.jpeg


9CF954F2-3C5A-4616-916F-BA3B3494A7C0.jpeg


C542EA7D-8A3E-4A67-8209-B01BB8AC3AAA.jpeg


2D2071F3-3E13-49A6-918D-9385ED1E1BC3.jpeg
 
Status update: I have beaten both the Cyanobacteria and the Aiptasias.

Update video coming soon...

5E744D5C-F089-4051-80E2-4B8DA7AB91F0.jpeg


3EC765BD-CACA-48E7-AB40-DAFE5A0A8E5A.jpeg
 
I shut off the return pump every night leaving only 2 power heads active in the display tank overnight. I made the mistake of adding a larger than normal vinegar dose that afternoon. The bacteria in the display tank consumed all the oxygen over night and killed all but a few fish. The reason I shut off the pump is I can't sleep with the noise level.
 
My tank is very sad due to months of no maintenance, but it still exists!

I only have one fish left, the maroon gold stripe clown fish.

IMG_5110.jpg
 
Don't give up! It's not easy but a few hours can make a huge difference! =)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new