Leaking Skimz Leopard Pump

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I just turned on this pump for the first time. All plumbed lines work fine and no leaks. However, the is a pretty frequent drip from the motor block itself. These pumps use the Askoll motor blocks. Any ideas on why this would happen. I am contacting BRS today (which is where I got it) and see what they have to say. I have never had this happen before and before I start disassembling the pump I thought I would ask the masses!!! Thanks!

IMG_54BDD69B7054-1.jpeg

Nevets9333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get a response on this? Mine is doing the same. Right out of the box.

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure out how to open these pumps up. I have a L90 that seized up and I'm trying to get it open to see what's going on. I removed the 4 heavy duty metal screws on the back side and it still won't open. I don't see any other screws holding it together and I don't want to break it.

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. It definitely took a lot more force than I expected to pry it open. Got it working but the impeller sounds like it's rattling. Near the end of the motor/impeller assembly there was a small O-ring loose and I can't really figure out where it's supposed to go.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back