Leaking tank, need to buy one asap

Idaho Mojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 90 gallon tank (48x18x25) has started leaking at one bottom corner (not huge, just noticing some salt creep building up). I need to buy one asap if anyone has one whether it fits the stand or not. Willing to consider slightly smaller or larger.

I am aware of the dollar per gallon sales at petco/petsmart, but quality is an issue and I would like to buy one from a member if possible.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to buy form a member check the selling forums

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Reseal it.
Ive done over 30 tanks (former pet store owner) successfully.
Simply drain, clean, scrape carefully and rid ll the silicone. Wipe clean with lint free cloth and rubbing alcohol. Apply Aquarium sealant (not silicone) and smooth out with a plastic spoon for even packing into corner. Let dry at least overnite and water test before making seawater and youre all set

OP
OP
Idaho Mojo

Idaho Mojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reseal it.
Ive done over 30 tanks (former pet store owner) successfully.
Simply drain, clean, scrape carefully and rid ll the silicone. Wipe clean with lint free cloth and rubbing alcohol. Apply Aquarium sealant (not silicone) and smooth out with a plastic spoon for even packing into corner. Let dry at least overnite and water test before making seawater and youre all set
I am planning on resealing this tank once the transfer is done. I just dont have the resources or space to do a temporary hold on the LR, sand/rubble, coral, inverts and fish [emoji853]

This tank was drilled with a rear bulkhead, and the stand is pretty rough.
If there is someone willing to ship, that's my best option if they arent very close.

If nothing comes up in the next few days I might just bite the bullet and order a RS 425XL (good excuse to upgrade)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back