Leaking trigger sump

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I received an older trigger sump in a lot of equipment with a used tank purchase. However one of the seams has come apart. Would it be safe to reweld the entire seam with weld-on 4? Maybe even run some fresh weld-on on every seam just to reinforce it?

EDIT: so it’s not a trigger after all, it’s a pro clear aquatics red flex reef sump. They have a lifetime warranty but only to the original purchaser.

Last edited:

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can definitely do that. I’m not sure about Weld-on 4. I had a similar issue with a new Synergy Reef ATO, and they sent me Weld-On, but I forgot the exact number. However, it worked very well to fix the leak and was super easy to use. You can contact them or reach out to Melev’s Reef (Marc Levenson) here or on Facebook, and he could definitely direct you to the specific product number that will work best for your application. Best of luck!

OP
OP
Derrick0580

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can definitely do that. I’m not sure about Weld-on 4. I had a similar issue with a new Synergy Reef ATO, and they sent me Weld-On, but I forgot the exact number. However, it worked very well to fix the leak and was super easy to use. You can contact them or reach out to Melev’s Reef (Marc Levenson) here or on Facebook, and he could definitely direct you to the specific product number that will work best for your application. Best of luck!
We went ahead and used weld on 4 to reglue the separated seam but I also plan on roughing up the inside and using marine grade epoxy glue to place a nice thick coating

FSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Sealing" the joint with a thicker adhesive is okayish, a strip or rod of acrylic bonded over the seam would be better. I would definitely not run new solvent over the old joints.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%
Back