Leaning Leather Toadstool

Bradyhall805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a leather toadstool about a month ago and it was leaning a bit when we got it. The person we bought it from said it’ll grow upright after we place it in our tank. A month later it’s leaning even more and is pretty much on its side. It’s still attached to the frag too. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions in order to get it upright again?

Thank you!

092ED6AA-E7CE-4379-AA0A-994117F5A3D8.jpeg

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried using rocks to hold mine up like you would for a tree lol That didn’t work out so well. So instead, I played with the flow a bit in my tank, and after about a week my toadstool was standing up. In general, as long as polyps are extended then its happy and that’s what really matters. But for aesthetic purposes, I worked to make mine happy and standing proud :)
Try adjusting your flow a little! They need high flow to help them shed their skin, but definitely not as high as SPS.

OP
OP
B

Bradyhall805

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried using rocks to hold mine up like you would for a tree lol That didn’t work out so well. So instead, I played with the flow a bit in my tank, and after about a week my toadstool was standing up. In general, as long as polyps are extended then its happy and that’s what really matters. But for aesthetic purposes, I worked to make mine happy and standing proud :)
Try adjusting your flow a little! They need high flow to help them shed their skin, but definitely not as high as SPS.
Thank you for the advice! The flow is not direct on it right now and it might be getting more of it bouncing off the back glass and why it’s going that way. I adjusted my flow a little bit and added a second one on the opposite side of the tank. Thank you again and have a great rest of your day!

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use rubber bands to redirect the growth of the toadstool. The rubber bands wont mess with your tank parameters and its a great way to set and forget it. Once you notice that the toadstool is in a better position just cut the rubberband off. Good luck :)

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back