Leather coral question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ericrod24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ericrod24

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2021
Messages
24
Reaction score
5
Location
mcallen
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I’m a new to reefing and purchased this leather from my local LFS, when I first got it it opened up and was doing fine. After a week I noticed some aiptasia growing on the frag. My LFS recommended aiptasia X so I follow instructions and the aiptasia has not reappeared but the coral has stayed closed up for going on about a week. What do you all think? Thank you for any advice. Also what is the name of this leather? Posted before treatment and after pics of coral.

CB813B0A-A6CB-4413-A59C-E21CBF51458D.jpeg EC746937-F1B7-42AF-AC3B-8CB2FA13BDD1.jpeg
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
prob just molting should shed ,does it look shiny??
 
It just shrunk up and has a bit of algae growing on in, I have a toadstool and that one sheds but haven’t seen this one shed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new