leather coral skin

ElitePirate

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
413
Reaction score
301
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

please see attached. today i saw some patch kinda thing n my leather coral. I don't think its just normal shedding. Is this normal or should I treat it?

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-14 at 22.34.19.jpeg


WhatsApp Image 2019-06-14 at 22.35.20.jpeg
 
Just watch it for now. Do not do anything rash. Just observe and report back. Leathers routinely slough skin to some degree or another.
 
Leathers are usually super hardy. As mentioned above, leathers shed their skin from time to time and is normal. You should be fine. Do you have any direct flow on that leather?

Also is the coral new? Or Established?
 
Last edited:
Leathers are usually super hardy. As mentioned above, leathers shed their skin from time to time and is normal. You should be fine. Do you have any direct flow on that leather?

Also is the coral new? Or Established?

Thanks guys. No I do not have any direct flow on that leather. And no it's not new. The coral is 7+ month old and my tank is 10month old fully established tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new