Leather coral - Sweepers???????

not sure what they are called , but yes that's it...
 
can spread and regrow if not all removed ,but easy enough to eradicate
usually does no harm to coral
 
I don't know what is called but @fishguy242 is right. It's not a vermetid snail, but Rather a member of the jellyfish family from my research. It's a jelly body with long stringers that look like fine hair but are reactive and segmented. The body of the thing is totally soft and jelly and sometimes colored pink or brown. I got these creatures in on TBS live rock and took a long time to figure out what it was and remove them all. I got many on hard surfaces like glass and acrylic and have many pictures about it. I can go digging and show you.

I didn't find that they hurt or bothered anything but I didn't have many Corals then, so they might?

Either way, is a creature of some sort, not leather stingers.
 
Last edited:
I don't know what is called but @fishguy242 is right. It's not a vermetid snail, but Rather a member of the jellyfish family from my research. It's a jelly body with long stringers that look like fine hair but are reactive and segmented. The body of the thing is totally soft and jelly and sometimes colored pink or brown. I got these creatures in on TBS live rock and took a long time to figure out what it was and remove them all. I got many on hard surfaces like glass and acrylic and have many pictures on my thread about it. I can go digging and show you.

I didn't find that they hurt or bothered anything but I didn't have many Corals then, so they might?

Either way, is a creature of some sort, not leather stingers.
Thank you for confirming!! I was going crazy thinking I had one of a kind hahahaha what you explained makes perfect sense to what was found.
 
Here's a video of mine, it's on the end of a red macro algea. This was as I was looking for a positive id. I used a airline tubing to siphon out the globs. Once you realize it's there, you can track them back to the blob by the strings.

Post in thread 'Tank 4, Maggie's Eel build' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tank-4-maggies-eel-build.999179/post-11676037

Also a couple posts down, there's a link to another id thread of someone else's, and they got a great up close picture on a heater knob.
 
IMG_1953.jpeg
Not sure if I got it or not. It was hard to get to
Your coral will thank you for removing whatever that was.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new