Leather coral terpenes/allelopathy???

420yoshi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! New to the hobby, im running a biocube 32 with chemipure blue and small amount of chaeto for my pods. Ui p amd running with no issues for 4 months when suddenly im having issues with mostly my lps corals and my mushrooms. I habe a small neon green toadstool leather and I suspect its releasing terpenes into the water columns which completely killed my beautifui l torch. It has happened twice in a span of 3 weeks and everytime it happens, my mushroom corals and zoas close up and my torch is completely melted as of yesterday.... i also have a pulsing xenia colony, GSP and a relatively large kenya tree coral...am i correct in they could be waging chemical warfare on my lps and mushrooms? And can I run both chemipure blue WITH extra carbon to soak up the coral toxins without stripping the nutrients from the water?? Sorry for the long post but I want to be specific!

Water quality itself is fine...

OP
OP
420yoshi

420yoshi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! New to the hobby, im running a biocube 32 with chemipure blue and small amount of chaeto for my pods. Ui p amd running with no issues for 4 months when suddenly im having issues with mostly my lps corals and my mushrooms. I habe a small neon green toadstool leather and I suspect its releasing terpenes into the water columns which completely killed my beautifui l torch. It has happened twice in a span of 3 weeks and everytime it happens, my mushroom corals and zoas close up and my torch is completely melted as of yesterday.... i also have a pulsing xenia colony, GSP and a relatively large kenya tree coral...am i correct in they could be waging chemical warfare on my lps and mushrooms? And can I run both chemipure blue WITH extra carbon to soak up the coral toxins without stripping the nutrients from the water?? Sorry for the long post but I want to be specific!

Water quality itself is fine...
Anybody?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back