Leather Identification - Finger or spaghetti?

ClutchCityReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2021
Messages
176
Reaction score
77
Location
Houston, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me ID this leather coral? It was sold at the LFS as an "assorted leather."

I know there is such thing as a spaghetti leather / finger leather but this doesn't look like those based off the pictures I've seen (although it sounds like a good name for this). The pics of those corals appear to be more branching, while each of these individual "dreadlocks" is separate.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated, thanks!


Leather Coral.jpg
 
lol I agree, "cheesie puff leather"... I've never seen one like it before (although admittedly I've never really been a leather kind of guy so I am not very informed on the subject)
 
Can someone help me ID this leather coral? It was sold at the LFS as an "assorted leather."

I know there is such thing as a spaghetti leather / finger leather but this doesn't look like those based off the pictures I've seen (although it sounds like a good name for this). The pics of those corals appear to be more branching, while each of these individual "dreadlocks" is separate.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated, thanks!


Leather Coral.jpg
Unique....never seen one like that
 
Thanks guys, at least I am not the only one somewhat puzzled.

That one does look similar @FUNGI, but that one still looks like it is branching a bit more (or am I hallucinating?)
 
Finger
 
Than a blushing leather coral.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new