leather palm

Dave Zale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a leather palm that had something just pop out of it, pic below, sorta looks like a feather duster, now while all this is going on my leather fingers closed up, not all the way, but enough, this a problem...thnxs

IMG_0666.JPG

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kill it for sure! left one in my tank now I have lots of babies. I know this is 100% not related to this thread, but do you have an achilles tang? just asking cause of your profile pic. im looking at getting one and wondering about care and aggression.

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kill it for sure! left one in my tank now I have lots of babies. I know this is 100% not related to this thread, but do you have an achilles tang? just asking cause of your profile pic. im looking at getting one and wondering about care and aggression.
I've had Achilles tangs before. Never had an issue. Acts just like all other tangs.

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep tangs in small tanks and never have issues as long as you move them out when they grow up. The Achilles was in a 500 from the start with many other tangs. It's literally just a tang lol.

lol. thanks ! ive got a 180 gallon, so that maybe a bit small then.
@Dave Zale sorry for hijacking your thread! :)

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. thanks ! ive got a 180 gallon, so that maybe a bit small then.
@Dave Zale sorry for hijacking your thread! :)
I keep two tangs a yellow and a kole in my 66 gallon reef tank and they are best buds. 180 is definitely not too small. It would probably be 5 years before he outgrew a 180 depending on starting size. Note both of my tangs in the 66 are aquacultured and we're very small 1 inch to begain with and have never been in the ocean.

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep two tangs a yellow and a kole in my 66 gallon reef tank and they are best buds. 180 is definitely not too small. It would probably be 5 years before he outgrew a 180 depending on starting size. Note both of my tangs in the 66 are aquacultured and we're very small 1 inch to begain with and have never been in the ocean.

thanks man!

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorta confused now, a leather gives birth or least it looks like it did to a pest,

no, its an apstatia. they can, im my experience, be almost dormant until conditions are right, they they can sprout out of nowhere. I would remove the rock and kill it with apstatia X. it can probably sting your leather

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back