LEAVING HOBBY

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im leaving the hobby, rather not talk about why. Too much work, not enough enjoyment. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF EVERYTHING OR SELL EVERYTHING VERY QUICKLY. Obviously not looking to get all my money back but some without just gifting it to the LFS. Any input would help, thanks.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located at? Some places have better luck than others. It really depends what all you have if you can lump together for a good deal or part out the nice stuff and eat the random bits.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The R2R marketplace, Craigslist, and a local fish club are a few places to start.

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im leaving the hobby, rather not talk about why. Too much work, not enough enjoyment. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF EVERYTHING OR SELL EVERYTHING VERY QUICKLY. Obviously not looking to get all my money back but some without just gifting it to the LFS. Any input would help, thanks.
What would you like to get rid of?

OP
OP
J

Jakelester97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located at? Some places have better luck than others. It really depends what all you have if you can lump together for a good deal or part out the nice stuff and eat the random bits.
cleveland ohio.. not worried about equipment mainly just the corals and fish

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cleveland ohio.. not worried about equipment mainly just the corals and fish
Livestock is the hardest as most interested parties seem to be across the country. That’s been my luck at least :rolleyes:

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with those who mentioned local clubs. Instead of giving it as a gift to the LFS, gift them to new members to reefing in your area if no one buys your livestock.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You may want to post a list of what fish and corals that you have available. Also, if you can find a way to ship your fish then you may be able to get a greater financial return. Good luck with whatever you decide!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will you please consider keeping some of the live rock, sand, and prime coral specimens to grow in a tiny pico reef

we hate egress/lose hobby friend if can be avoided altogether. a little downsize might be awesome? is that doable

light=$25 max purchase off amazon. abi tuna, goes in standard socket. can grow any Jason Fox coral avail.

Last edited:

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm aware that you don't want to discuss this, but I am sorry you are leaving the hobby. If you change your mind, there are lots of people here who are willing to help. I hope you think about eventually coming back to this sick, twisted addiction.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
offerup, craigslist, the marketplace on here, any local reef board. some lfs might be interested, but IME they either prefer to give you store credit or just take them for nothing. also depends on what you're trying to give them.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back