!!!LED BATTLECULTURE At IT'S FINEST!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the response. You always have nice corals glad to see Wisconsin reefers showing people how it's done lol

Tenshoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic. This makes me want to buy more knowing the light acclimation would be minimal! I finally found someone else using these. I too am using RB Photons and have been for 3 1/2 years. Here's a couple pics of mine. The top down ones were taken with my iphone and the full tank shot was taken with a Nikon D40.

msderganc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
running reefbreeder photons. various sizes

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but can you estimate how many watts per square foot you're using? Or tell me how many / which fixtures and the size of the tank(s)? I am curious how it compares to what I was doing with LEDs. My theory is that you need a lot more LED coverage than the manufacturers suggest.

Tenshoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, Mine is a 48" fixture over a 60" long tank. The layout is as follows: 44 450nm royal blue, 4 480nm blue. Channel 2; 18 4500K neutral whites, 6, 10000k cool whites, 8 480nm blues, 4 660nm reds, and 12 410-420nm violets. Channel 3; 6 480nm blue moonlights, for a total of 102 3 watt LEDs

msderganc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, Mine is a 48" fixture over a 60" long tank. The layout is as follows: 44 450nm royal blue, 4 480nm blue. Channel 2; 18 4500K neutral whites, 6, 10000k cool whites, 8 480nm blues, 4 660nm reds, and 12 410-420nm violets. Channel 3; 6 480nm blue moonlights, for a total of 102 3 watt LEDs
Thanks! What kind of percentages do you run?

Tenshoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! What kind of percentages do you run?

Mine ramp up to 60/55 at its peak, remain there for 2 hours and ramp back down by 10% per hour. The thing with LEDs is that most people are looking for a cookie cutter way of programming them when in fact there are a lot of variables that come into play including your tank size, height, how far off the surface the LEDs are, how far down your acros are located, etc. The other big mistake that everyone makes is that when transitioning from MH or T5, they crank their LED's up to what looks "visually" similar to what they had previously. LED's will inherently make your tank appear dimmer than what it was previously under a different type of lighting. The reason for this is that LED's pinpoint various (useful) parts of the spectrum that are less visible to the human eye than would be the large amount of spectrum (included non-useful wavelengths) that a MH or T5 emits. So IME, the people who I have found that had little success melted their corals because of this. No matter what, when switching, it is best to start out at around 20-30% and ramp up 5-10% every 3-4 weeks from there, DESPITE what it appears like to your eye. Your corals can recognize more parts of the spectrum than you can. So don't let the illusion ruin your success.

Don't want to hijack Adam's thread so I'll just keep it at that. :p

Last edited:

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we finally move into our new house and the tank has time to settle, I will be ordering this pack from you... Just giving you a fair warning :D

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, happy to help you with this too, if you want. :)

nice pics really they look great. clearly your having excellent results with your lights as well:) I have a radium over my Photo Booth tank and i really like it for pics so no worries there. Its more about camera placement in the tanks that i do run leds than the leds themselves to be honest. angles are all wrong often:nerd:.

curious to know how your shooting though for sure

Last edited:

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking u need a sponsorship for all the led questions u get adam! Lol

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm thinking u need a sponsorship for all the led questions u get adam! Lol

lol your probably right. Should give logan a call and see if he wants to! ;)

This pack is actually still available!!!! had a number of sure fires slip through the cracks on this one so its up for grabs still.

Browner20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, I've been reading this forum and tallying my list! Pink lemonade is definitely on the list. I should be able to order in a month and a half or so. Looking forward to my first order!

Schgred - worth every penny. Got my pack from Adam @ a month ago and I will be back. The top of all of the frag disks are hanging on for dear life at this point as the are all about to be engulfed by beautiful coral, some have already succumbed!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Schgred - worth every penny. Got my pack from Adam @ a month ago and I will be back. The top of all of the frag disks are hanging on for dear life at this point as the are all about to be engulfed by beautiful coral, some have already succumbed!

excellent!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout out to Adam. Tyree Pink Lemonade under my LEDs, two weeks in my tank.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 59 40.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.8%

Back