LED build for the 300

JSB

Usually Confused
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Mike. I think your power numbers are not the whole picture, though. In the summer, your AC won't have to run as much to fight off the LEDs as they would for a MH rig.

Now that this project is done, what are you going to do with the dining room table?

--Scott

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Mike. I think your power numbers are not the whole picture, though. In the summer, your AC won't have to run as much to fight off the LEDs as they would for a MH rig.

Now that this project is done, what are you going to do with the dining room table?

--Scott

I agree on the power numbers as a whole, I did a power study bases off of a 1 year average from data that I have stored and the number was around 26.00 a month taking into account heating and cooling.

Dining room table is getting ready for the 220 led fixture I am building for a guy out in California. Then who knows it might become my new work table.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of those fish looks strangely familiar.......

Build looks awesome bro

Well it should and he is one happy dude. The sohal and valmingi think they are a couple and spend most of their time swimming some kind of marathon throughout the tank. The new scape has tons of holes and caves that they weave through. Just awesome to watch.

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my little 190 with the 10 bulb powermodule cost $30 a month to operate @ .09/kw, so if you managed to get in at $26 a month with 3 halides then you where doing better than me.

I agree on the power numbers as a whole, I did a power study bases off of a 1 year average from data that I have stored and the number was around 26.00 a month taking into account heating and cooling.

Dining room table is getting ready for the 220 led fixture I am building for a guy out in California. Then who knows it might become my new work table.

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one picture of the Zola garden

410d5ca9-4ae6-f850.jpg

OP
OP
mike_dani

mike_dani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build!! What's your light schedule like?

Lights start at 6am and end at 10 pm from 6am they start at 10% and ramp up to 35% at 10am then ramp from 35% at noon to 75% at 1300 at 1800 they ramp back to 35% over an hour then from 2100 to 2200 ramp down to off.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back