LED Control4 V2 reversing output

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sidney109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi.

i just received my p4 that is awesome btw :) and a LED Control4 V2 to control my lights as they are pwm dimmed.

the issue i have is it works in reverse so when i set the lights to 100% in profilux the light switches off, and when i go to 0% in profilux my light is on full brightness.

i know its just the drivers in my lights that seem to operate the wrong way around but is there any switch that i am missing in the software that would invert the output of the 1-10v port? or can i wire the
LED Control4 V2's power supply backwards so it would follow suit?

any help would be appreciated as this is my first ever controller so im not used to all its functions yet and the button may be staring me in the face!

the lights are Lani LED's if that helps.

thanks in advance.

sid

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sidney109 Can this help? Please read the instruction at the bottom of the window!

Screen Shot 02-27-17 at 03.49 PM.PNG

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
S

sidney109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats exactly what i need to sort my problem out, however i did just try that and im not getting the extra buttons showing under the l port selection window, i will link a picture of mine
437213-1cdc84817b31788d695a15d3a85b7c8f.jpg

led control.jpg

OP
OP
S

sidney109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry im being silly as tired atm, i just needed to turn expert mode on to get those buttons to show, thank you again for your help Lasse :)

OP
OP
S

sidney109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, had a look inside my cupboard and looking at the plug with it screwed to the wall you have 6 ports, i have all the wires with a stripe trace (-) into the right hand terminal(6), then the colour channels in 5, 4, 3, and 2 ( i dont use 2 as i dont have that many colours as mine isnt a pro) finally all the colour channels have a resistor from there port over to the port 1.

for the wire colours i used used a cat5 lead and plugged one end into the lani and the other cut the plug off, the wire colours i used are as follows,
brown into 5
grey into 4
green into 3
orange not used, i assume this would be the red channel on pros.
all the ones with tracers (white cables with a colour stripe on it) are joined together and put to port 6

there is then a resistor that connects port 1 to each of the light channels (separate resistors for each channel) i cant remember the resistance but i had several laying about and they all seemed to work, from memory they are 2.4k resistance.

so to recap a you need a random cat5 cable and 3 resistors.

hope that helps, please reply with anything else as i have a newborn and i may not have included all above :)

petestewardson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I assume you had a 5v PSU plugged into the port on the control4 as well? I'll have another look but that is basically what I was trying I think.

OP
OP
S

sidney109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sorry I forgot about that, random cheap ebay 5v 2amp psu into the round port on the controller.

OP
OP
S

sidney109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sorry I forgot about that, random cheap ebay 5v 2amp psu into the round port on the controller.

OP
OP
S

sidney109

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back