LED for very small frag tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter adw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

adw

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
28
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I'd like to set up a small frag tank in a chamber in my sump and I was wondering if someone could recommend a small ideally cheap led light I could use. Doesn't have to be anything special just something that will grow frags.
 
I'd check out the submersible, full-spectrum Tunze 8850.
csm_8850.000_ca4fc52250.jpg

http://www.tunze.com/US/en/products/details.html?user_tunzeprod_pi1[prodid]=8850.000

How big a tank? What dimensions?
 
It's the middle chamber on a second generation eschopps R-300. If I remember correctly it is 14x16x16.
 
Should be about right. :)
 
I have been running a reef radiance nano 60 for close to two years.Works great in my sump frag tank. Two channel dimmable, I can grow anything .I think I paid 129
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new