Led light bar supplementation

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the pro or just the standard meso blue? I’m wondering if I need the pro being my tank is only 20 inches deep and will be using 2 noops as primary lights with potentially a third down the road.
These are just the regular meso blue bars. They're good for this application, haven't used them for anything else.

I would say it is going to highly depend on what you are going to use the bars for. Just a pop of color these might work. But if you're looking to add par, and make sure you get penetration down to the bottom of the tank, then the pros are probably the better choice.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think with two noops on this shallow tank I wouldn’t need the par punch but won’t know until I get the lights up and check the par. Really just started toying with the idea of adding for the color pop and to supplement the spectrum of the noops.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now after talking to Luca, I’m thinking of getting 2 meso blue bars to go with my two noops. Problem being now I will have to come up with a different mounting solution. Thinking of using 80/20. Now the new problem arises. Is figuring out the connectors and what not I would need. Anyone have any experience with using 8020 for a light rack?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back