Led light bar supplementation

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in adding a light bar to two existing Noo-Psyche lights. I really am only looking to add the bar for night time for the pop in color. Would an actinic bar be the best choice to provide the pop of color? If so would a bar like this be a good choice to just supplement?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
453nm blue is best but there are moonlights for true night time and bars like Orphek- reefbrite and sb reef

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef brite lumi actinic falls into the 420 to 440 range. Really not needing supplemental par but just the color pop in the evening as the main lights ramp down. Wondering if anyone has experience with one bar over another for the brightest pop?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef brite lumi actinic falls into the 420 to 440 range. Really not needing supplemental par but just the color pop in the evening as the main lights ramp down. Wondering if anyone has experience with one bar over another for the brightest pop?
450, 470, 420 would all be pretty good choices.

Hit up @telegraham on instagram or over on hublefish and ask him what you need for the pop. You can have those bars customized with whatever diodes you want.

There's also these bars

I actually use two meso blue bars as lights for frag swaps, the non pro versions, and they make things pop pretty well. Contact Luca and see what he thinks. Dude was honest enough to tell me the regular bars would work for what I wanted without upselling me to the pro's. Now that's pretty honest right there.

Falc!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR3 from orphek sky blue has multiple blue bulbs and if u remove the lenses, it has awesome blanket spread. Side by side compared to reefbrite xho in LFS and OR3 without lense has wider spread and more pleasing color with more pop on coral through my eyes

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That $45 24" bar will give you plenty of pop. The diodes are 470nm. If you wanted a custom bar, if paired with the Noop, I'd go 420/270.

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR3 from orphek sky blue has multiple blue bulbs and if u remove the lenses, it has awesome blanket spread. Side by side compared to reefbrite xho in LFS and OR3 without lense has wider spread and more pleasing color with more pop on coral through my eyes
The Sky Blue uses the same 450/470nm diodes as the Reef Brites.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That $45 24" bar will give you plenty of pop. The diodes are 470nm. If you wanted a custom bar, if paired with the Noop, I'd go 420/270.
Thanks so much for the reply! That clears up a lot of the muddy water in trying to figure out which route to go. Would the OG pop or the meso blue quanta give the best result for what I’m looking for?

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the reply! That clears up a lot of the muddy water in trying to figure out which route to go. Would the OG pop or the meso blue quanta give the best result for what I’m looking for?
OG Pop is the same as Sky Blue/XHO, which is 450/470nm. Do you prefer a blue-er or the windex-ish look? Meso will be a deep blue and will fill in the spectrum of the Noop. OG Pop will add more royal blue and blue, which will look really good to the eye if you like lighter blue.

Lousybreed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He hit me up!! Let’s gooo! I love the Meso Blue as it has more violets which traditionally (besides Reefi’s lights) most lights lack. Thank you for considering the Quanta lineup!

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the debate is on! Do I wait for a 48 inch meso blue or go with a 36” mounted to the noop light mounts. I kind of like the idea of the shorter light and the appearance of the shorter bar with the two noop mounts.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He hit me up!! Let’s gooo! I love the Meso Blue as it has more violets which traditionally (besides Reefi’s lights) most lights lack. Thank you for considering the Quanta lineup!
Those meso blue bars make things POP!
Really makes yellow pop in person. I sold all 20 blueberry field zoa frags I brought with me on this day.
Frag Tank.jpg

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those meso blue bars make things POP!
Really makes yellow pop in person. I sold all 20 blueberry field zoa frags I brought with me on this day.
Frag Tank.jpg
Is this the pro or just the standard meso blue? I’m wondering if I need the pro being my tank is only 20 inches deep and will be using 2 noops as primary lights with potentially a third down the road.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back