LED light for sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jason Judd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jason Judd

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2018
Messages
30
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a not so special LED light for my sump. I'd like to grow out some mangrove trees and a shallow depth spot for coral frags.

I'm trying to keep the heat down (and efficiency up! :-) )

Thanks!
Jason
 
Personally I just use a clamp on light fixture with a grow light. Was there heat issue yes but not too bad. I kept the door of the stand propped open just a bit to dissipate the heat. Have it on a timer coming on opposite schedule from the tank light.
 
Got a marineland Reef capable LED 24” I got with my 125. The last owner had it over his fuge, I was using it over a QT and it grew algae like crazy. It doesn’t have the metal feet but has built in timers for blue/white. $30 if ya want it
ceca5a7c912d2587b6f030410faa2ced.jpg

ee9a2fc9d454a5398cf5257798d220b1.jpg

c85bf04f8dc6626ff4e471891e7b16d3.jpg
 
I hear ya Mikey. I lined the sides, back and 3/4 of the front of my sump cabinet with shower liner in catch any really big spills. greIt's great, but doesn't breath very well.

Daniel, I sent you a PM.
 
Great minds think alike, I lined the back and sides with shower liner too....lol
 
Thanks Davster, that's too fancy for the sump ;)
Daniel patted with his before I was lucky enough to visit him (I was camping). Any other takers?
 
Have you looked into these? I was going to try one when I was still trying to grow chaeto
e89fcdd01e4be9229769ee319c6530c8.jpg
 
I have this one on my sump link
IMG_5197.JPG

Grew this from a pod I found on the beach.
 
I picked up some mangrove tree pods (that's awesome that you found and successfully grew it out) and then throw frags down there as I bump the colonies in the tank (cuz I'm always accidentally making frags while doing something else in the tank...
Thanks for the links, I picked up this cheap one Aquaneat Aquarium Led Clip Lamp Light 48 LEDs Multi Color Fish Tank https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076735Q86/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_sDqABbC85AC64
I'll let yall know if it's any good. The frags will only be 2" under water, so I figure I dont need anything too strong... but when stuff doesn't grow I'll let you know! ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new