LED light spectrums

jonnywink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 gal FOWLR aquarium that has been up for about one year. I have a FluvalSmart 2.0 LED light bar, but am not sure what combination of red, blue, green, & white spectrums to use. I tinkered with the settings after reading several articles and I don’t know the original factory settings, and see no way to return to them. Any suggestion of the proper balance of spectrums would be appreciated.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As far as I know, when it comes to FOWLR you should be able to tune the lights to whatever you find most aesthetically pleasing with little to no downside (assuming the settings aren't something crazy like red only hahah)

That said, from the Fluval app you should be able to select the light, go to the "Auto" screen (where you set the time/ramp up ramp down), then select "export" (think towards the bottom of the screen), and choose one of the presets.

OP
OP
jonnywink

jonnywink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, when it comes to FOWLR you should be able to tune the lights to whatever you find most aesthetically pleasing with little to no downside (assuming the settings aren't something crazy like red only hahah)

That said, from the Fluval app you should be able to select the light, go to the "Auto" screen (where you set the time/ramp up ramp down), then select "export" (think towards the bottom of the screen), and choose one of the presets.
Thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back