LED lighting for an Algae Scrubber Questiin

firemedic222

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
Sycamore, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will soon be building a DIY algae scrubber for my refugium. All the research I've done suggests the light cycle for it should be similar to the light cycle for my refugium, which I get. My question is, do I still need to run a light cycle on my refugium, or only on the scrubber? The light from my scrubber will likely not bleed out into the refugium if I build it right. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new