LED Lighting

BeachBumTX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Building my own tank 40" x 30" x 24". Trying to figure out my lighting. Want to keep cost down. Been looking into a few different types. Anyone have feed back on these two options?

VIPARSPECTRA 300w

OCEAN REVIVE T247-B x2​

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both work. One thing I like about the ocean revive is that the disco ball effect doesn't seem that strong (I barely notice it, especially when compared to the ai prime). Both will work. Both have a lot of tanks under them. Both require you to mount high up (Do not use the mounting legs unless you want to fry whatever is in the center of the tank).

BRS did a video on the viparspectras in their black box showdown if you want to see a par map. I would rent a par meter regardless.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Visparspectra 165watt version, yours is like two 165watts put together.

I have no issues with this light in 4 years and counting.
Have three over my DT.

Pushes a ton of PAR, so go easy to start.
52BC1731-0B39-48AC-8370-1319D2D65DF2.jpeg

OP
OP
BeachBumTX

BeachBumTX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both work. One thing I like about the ocean revive is that the disco ball effect doesn't seem that strong (I barely notice it, especially when compared to the ai prime). Both will work. Both have a lot of tanks under them. Both require you to mount high up (Do not use the mounting legs unless you want to fry whatever is in the center of the tank).

BRS did a video on the viparspectras in their black box showdown if you want to see a par map. I would rent a par meter regardless.
Yeah, was thinking at least 12 inches off the water.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back