LED Lightning

chris44

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I currently own a 55 gallon saltwater tank. I am interested in buy a programmable LED light that is strong enough to go half way up the coral chart. Please explain why I should get the one you are taking about. Thank you for all your help.

AquaCave Logo Banner
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I currently own a 55 gallon saltwater tank. I am interested in buy a programmable LED light that is strong enough to go half way up the coral chart. Please explain why I should get the one you are taking about. Thank you for all your help.

Lighting for your corals is a bit more complex than "half way up the coral chart".

These links may help

LEDs For The Reef Tank | Reef LED LightsMr. Saltwater Tank?s LED ExperimentLED Aquarium Lights, Lighting; How they work, DIY | Aquarium Article Digest

For LPS you may want a lower light for Acans yet a High Light for Euphyllia.

Photoinhibition is between 350 and 600 PAR depending on genus.

For SPS a PAR Level over 500 with proper acclimation affects colour. In my tank it has been positive as my SPS developed pigments to reflect this extra light.

Today Cree and Luxion LEDs offer the best efficiency.

I'm a fan of higher end Cree fixtures as the results speak for themselves.

You can go disposable imports but I've always looked at them like the less expensive MH Bulb. Not to mention their life expectancy and efficiency.

Lots of opinions online. Make sure they are backed up by an aged reef tank.

Bill

QT FISH