led lights

Check these out https://orphek.com/orphek-atlantik-icon/
1736632511304.png
 
For my 48x39x25 I'll be either be using 2 Reef Breeder Photon V2 48" or one Photon and two Orphek Natura Icons. You have SO many choices!!!! Just pay attention to spectrum. The cheaper fixtures can be lacking in this area. I basically looked for spikes (or just coverage) in the 380, 420, 470, 630 and 680nm range. All of these numbers are give or take.....
 
For my 48x39x25 I'll be either be using 2 Reef Breeder Photon V2 48" or one Photon and two Orphek Natura Icons. You have SO many choices!!!! Just pay attention to spectrum. The cheaper fixtures can be lacking in this area. I basically looked for spikes (or just coverage) in the 380, 420, 470, 630 and 680nm range. All of these numbers are give or take.....
I run 2 50's and 3 uv/v orphek bars on my 59×30×21.
The Breeders are worth the look, imo.
20241124_114015.jpg
 
hi I'm new to this new forum and I'm looking to get some ideas for my new Reef tank that I'm having made
So the tank will be 1000mm wide x 700mm deep & 760mm high, so I want to keep LPS & SPS corals and would like to go with LEDs. Texas Lit Co. has also come up while I’ve been looking at lighting options, but there are so many on the market it’s difficult to pick the right one. I don’t want to go halides due to the cost to run them, and ideally I want to just purchase one unit to cover the size of the tank, and I’m expecting it to be an expensive layout. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
For that tank size, I’d definitely go with LEDs, especially if you want to keep both LPS and SPS. The 760mm depth is the main challenge, so you’ll want a powerful fixture with good PAR penetration and enough spread across the 1000mm width. If you really want just one unit, look at the high-output fixtures designed for large reef tanks and check their PAR maps at different depths. I’d also consider coverage and shadowing, not just wattage. A single powerful light can work, but two smaller units may give much more even coverage as the SPS grows. I’d compare real-world PAR measurements and user experiences before making the investment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new