LED suggestions for 40 gallon breeder?

danieljones8623

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody. My 40 gallon breeder is up and cycling and I need to get a light. I was leaning toward some LED light, something that provides moderate lighting. I was wondering what would be some good ones to look at? Also, I was wondering if they’re are any models that will cover my 36”x18” footprint using a single unit? Thanks for any info.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ati sunpower 6 or 8 bulb, 3-4 orphek led bars, 2 ai primes, 2 hydra 32'd, 2 radion xr15's, maybe 1 ap9x. you can think of your tank as 2 18 inch cubes.

THN4AU

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40b I just started as well. Thought about viparspectras but ultimately going with AI Prime 16HD. Have one right now but I’ll get another at some point. Just like the idea of mounting on the tank instead of hanging from the ceiling.

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody. My 40 gallon breeder is up and cycling and I need to get a light. I was leaning toward some LED light, something that provides moderate lighting. I was wondering what would be some good ones to look at? Also, I was wondering if they’re are any models that will cover my 36”x18” footprint using a single unit? Thanks for any info.
I just picked up the Maxspect Razor-X R5 150 for my 40B and am really happy with it. There are three lights, it fits perfectly, can be mounted on the sides of the tank or suspended (kit sold separately). I also got the ICV6 to program and control the light settings and schedule from my phone.

OP
OP
D

danieljones8623

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was originally thinking about just getting a single unit and putting on the back, just because of the way my overflow and return is plunged into my tank. but I just realized that two mounted on the side should work for me too.

kingjames_dc5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS, softies? Are you on a budget?
Can do 2 AI primes.
I second this BRS has as couple videos on youtube you can check out. They give you height suggestion along with spectrum setting and par readings. Good starting point if you ask me. I think you may even be able to pull off a mixed reef with sps up higher.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back