LED/T5 for 15-20g Nano?

Polyp Punk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
437
Reaction score
257
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers,
Next on my list to research is a new light fixture for my 15-20 gallon peninsula... What are some new upgraded lights out there for this size tank... i used to use aqua illumination hydras on my old tank. I was also looking at the Radion XR15 gen 5 lights... OR I can go another route and go with a T5 fixture which i also like... are there any T5 fixtures small enough for a nano tank ? Thanks for thoughts !
 
I just got a xr15 pro with the reef bright k15 add on for my 14 gal Pennisula. I’ve always had AI lights in the past and very impressed with the difference.
 
I just got a xr15 pro with the reef bright k15 add on for my 14 gal Pennisula. I’ve always had AI lights in the past and very impressed with the difference.
So you like the radion xr15 better than the AI? What about kessil?
 
XR15's seem overkill for either tank, I think two AI Primes would serve you much better.

The shortest T5's (with good reef bulbs) are 24w and 22" long. Fluval do some good value 4x24w light units which will get the job done but it may not look as slick as LED's.
 
I just got a xr15 pro with the reef bright k15 add on for my 14 gal Pennisula. I’ve always had AI lights in the past and very impressed with the difference.
I am stuck between the xr15 radion and the kessil a360x ..
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new