legit illuminati?

iQx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met someone local in South Florida selling this colony as illuminati. Can someone confirm if these are WWC illuminati below is a picture I took of it with my iPhone.

IMG_2284.JPG.JPG

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like yours have green frill so not the same but still nice. I think nightmares, illuminati, and campfires are all basically the same zoa maybe with slightly different lighting LED vs t5.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen illuminati with the dots actually touching each other in a partial circle like the polyp in the middle of you photo toward the center of the polyp. I have always seen them with individually separated dots, not with the dots ever bleeding together if that makes sense. That is more a trait of like the things like darth mauls or golden mauls. Also they just don't look like they have enough speckles over all.

There are a ton of zoas that all look pretty darn close, that are all indeed different morphs that stay individual side by side in grow out tanks, but close enough that it is hard to tell them apart even to an experienced eye.

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe they are illuminati's, The photo below is courtesy of WWC's website. When you compare the shape the dots and the striations on the tentacles they have characteristics that are not typically seen in nightmares, darth mauls, or campfires.

w0109-55_1.jpg

OP
OP
I

iQx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the input. yeah I couldn't figure it out, but as they get bigger the dot do spread out so they don't touch each other as much.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice no matter what they are!

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 not illuminati. As mentioned missing the bright mouth and the skirt is alternating green while Illuminati's have an alternating red skirt.

edit: wow 3 years old? lol why did you bump @Salt_Life ?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like yours have green frill so not the same but still nice. I think nightmares, illuminati, and campfires are all basically the same zoa maybe with slightly different lighting LED vs t5.
WOW! I wish I would have known this! I basically stole around 3 frags of illumatis on ebay! This guy was a newbie and I guess thats why they went so cheap! He let me stay through 2 auctions as well so I snagged up as many cheap and mostly highend zoas as I could!

Then I was doing 2 auctions from 2 different sellers calling them nightmares and I bough one from each! I noticed they were usually going really high so I paid a lot more then the first seller! I got them in yesterday and sat them next to my illumanatis and yep, look the same except the campfires look a tad brighter!

I guess when or if I sell them I should call them campfires because they seem to get more money!

Now I have an abdunace of them and there went my great score down the drain from the first seller! I think I paid 5 bucks from him and for a lot more polyps too and 40 for a few polyps from the other sellers!

Back