• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Lemon drop anemone

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a lemon drop anemone from gmneil. Let me first say that I thought long and hard about posting this. Neil seems to be a stand up guy and has had mostly great feedback. Also, the anemone I received from him, in terms of color, is spot on. I know there is great demand for these and that it's a truly unique anemone. With that being said, I feel like myself and a few other people were misled. I sent him several texts as well as a PM last night. He has not responded to the PM. If you look at the thread, I was the first to respond after Neil claimed that the anemone in picture was the one for sale. As you can see, I received only a fraction of that anemone. I literally wake up every morning and check on it. So far so good, but for $500+ paypal fees and $75 in shipping, I was expecting a little more. I sent him a PM after payment asking why he hadn't noted it as closed. He said he liked to keep it open to keep up interest in the nem. I asked about the anemone in the picture after I received mine. He said it was sold to someone that responded to the thread before me. I spoke with two other individuals that said they received anemones from Neil as well.He said in the post he wishes he had four to sell, yet have confirmed that he sold 4. So, my assumption is that the pictured anemone was quartered and sold to 4 people. Again, this is speculation. I can say that I've propagated several anemone in my 17+ years of experience and these look more like cuts than splits. My proposal is a 50% refund. If that's the case, I'll move on happily into the sunset. If you look at the picture from the thread, his is not nearly as small as the one I received. That's the type of anemone I was expecting, not one smaller than a quarter with about 8 tentacles. It's not about the money, it's more about the principle and delivering on what you promise. Please note in the thread below that I was the first to PM him saying I'd take it after the pic was posted.
http://reef2reef.com/threads/lemon-drop-anemone-for-sale.249372/

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neil, if you posted this for sale, would you have sold ANY?
055df3d685567e952b426ca8f937eb05.jpg

This what myself and another individual thought we were getting. The other guy even filed a PP claim against him saying that he didn't get what he paid for.
86f05cb8f62c656ad592438d070c0710.jpg

And this is an example of a previously sold nem, more like what I expected....
20160212_190009-jpg.354342

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was healed and the mouth centered, but the tentacles on the "cut" or split side were about 1 mm each, virtually nonexistent. Usually you don't see that on a natural split. The nem prepares for the split and kind of folds together for a few days almost healing the sided before it splits. That's my experience, at least.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after a little research, it turns out that he's a complete fraud. He had a video on his FB page showing his tank and then showing a back compartment with the "lemon drop" anemones under kessils. For those of you that don't know, kessils cause anemones to turn yellow. Here's the screen shot. I have the video saved. I sent him a text. He has since deleted the video.
Buyer beware!!!
1a3703e259b09ca8dcb84b35f20b8c81.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. Your last post was deleted. This guy is a total fraud. Wanna be hip hop. Haha. So, since we're taking about stealing and deceiving fellow reefers, can we post his name? I don't want to violate rules....
On another note, I have my uncle who is a lawyer for a large firm in New York working for free lol. He's retired and has plenty of time to spare! I am filing in small claims court if the PP dispute isn't resolved correctly.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most telling picture shows his name, so I can't post it.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And he was super prompt in responding the texts. He's gone radio silent

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said in multiple texts that he only has true lemon drops, yet has a FB post showing his regular RBTA in a tank and another nem being conditioned under kessils.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the am, I will post all correspondence between us. All of which contains lie after lie.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I asked him his source and he went quiet. He deleted an incriminating video on Facebook. Enough said.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed.

Last edited:

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are yours doing now? Can they comment? They have purchased as well.
Not in this thread; the rules are pretty clear in this matter.
They are free to start their own separate threads if they wish, but this thread is only for you and the seller.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it's a sunburst conditioned under kessils. The absence of the seller in these threads says it all. Lie after lie. He told me and several others that he keeps them under black box LEDs. I found a video of them under kessils on Facebook. Had I known they were grown under kessils, I wouldn't have purchased due to how they morph to yellow.

OP
OP
M

mvm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3f7c98cab1746812239670b2e6227415.jpg

The area where it was manually cut (not a natural split as advertised) is turning red already. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back